Work Place Giving Campaign
Hope is the Greatest Gift of All
Give at Work & Help Change a Child’s Life. Please designate CFC #15005, CVC #447, DC One Fund #8961, or write in Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Washington, D.C. on your pledge card. Contact Claudia Lewis for more information: Claudia@rmhcdc.org or 703-698-7080.
Collecting pop tabs is a great way to teach kids about philanthropy and the importance of recycling, and raise funds to help children and their families at the same time. Some Chapters raise thousands of dollars with their pop tab collections.
Why Collect Tabs?
- The tabs are made of a high quality aluminum that is more valuable by weight than the can itself.
- Plus, the tabs are smaller and cleaner than the can, so they’re easier and more sanitary to store.
- The program is an easy way for people of all ages to support RMHC and know they are making a difference for families and children.
Contact Rachel at (703) 698-7080 or Rachel@rmhcdc.org for more information.
Below, find a few ways to get started on “Pulling for the House!”
We encourage you to bring Pop Tab Collecting to your classroom, as well. Below, find a few ways to get your school started on “Pulling for the House!”
Collect. Give. Hope.
You have the opportunity to give back to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Washington, DC (RMHC) in a new, convenient way. RMHC recently launched a partnership with Coinstar, giving us another opportunity to turn small change into big change through the Coinstar branded green machines in grocery stores in our area. This partnership will make small giving to RMHC an even more convenient, prominent, and impactful way to donate to the Charity on an ongoing basis.
Donor Advised Funds
What is a Donor Advised Fund?
A donor advised fund (DAF) is a charitable giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to support your favorite causes. If you have a donor advised fund, DAF Direct enables you to recommend grants to the American Red Cross, directly from your DAF (as long as your DAF’s sponsoring organization is participating).
How does it work?
- Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program.
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax free).
- Recommend grants to the charities you support, with the option of being recognized or remaining anonymous.
Your Change Can Help Too
Another easy way for you to help support RMHC is to drop your spare change in the RMHC donation boxes in McDonald’s restaurants. Little by little, it adds up and can mean a lot.